Longview Family Lawyers Offer Personalized Service and Proven Results
East Texas firm with a 50-year legacy of sound counsel in divorce and other matters
If you are an East Texas resident who requires legal representation for a divorce or another family law challenge, you deserve an established lawyer with a strong reputation throughout the region. At the Law Offices of R. L. Whitehead, Jr. P.C. in Longview, our attorneys are each certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization because of our experience and expertise in matrimonial litigation and all types of domestic matters. Our lawyers and staff are dedicated to helping our clients with their legal needs — whether through negotiation, mediation, settlement or litigation. For a half century, our goal has been to assist residents of Gregg County and the surrounding East Texas counties with complicated legal issues and guide them to a satisfactory resolution in a professional, ethical manner.
Experienced advocates handle the needs of spouses and parents
Since 1967, our firm has delivered capable, caring advice to a wide range of family law clients who recommend us to friends because they have found us to be:
- Established — With more than 65 years of combined legal practice, our attorneys are recognized among peers and community members as trustworthy counselors. R. L. Whitehead has earned an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®, a recognition of his legal ability and ethics by attorneys familiar with his work.
- Knowledgeable — We are committed to protecting the rights of clients and finding creative solutions to the most difficult problems. Our goal is to use our knowledge and experience to bring you the peace of mind you are entitled to.
- Attentive — In every case, we provide individualized attention to the people our firm represents. That way, our advice is always tailored to your specific needs and values.
We provide a free initial consultation so that you can gain a complete understanding of the relevant legal issues and make decisions confidently.
Counselors work to resolve families’ legal and financial concerns
Our firm represents clients throughout East Texas in legal practice areas including:
- Divorce — Going through a divorce is never easy, but with our skilled guidance, you can resolve legal matters and make a new start.
- Adoption — Adding a child to your home through adoption is a wonderful commitment. We can help you navigate the often difficult procedures associated with domestic and international placements.
- Wills and probate — We provide detailed assistance with wills and probate matters so that you can safeguard your assets and pass them to loved ones efficiently.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — Our firm can draft and execute clear marital agreements that help couples protect what they’ve earned and avoid costly legal disputes in the event the marriage does not work out.
- Orders of protection — If you have been threatened by someone you love, we work promptly to pursue strong orders of protection from the applicable court.
No matter what type of assistance you require, we are dedicated to easing your burden and helping you move ahead in your life.
Contact a skilled East Texas family lawyer for a free initial consultation
The Law Offices of R. L. Whitehead, Jr. P.C. represents East Texas clients in family law, probate and other litigation matters. Please call 903-758-0561 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation at our Longview office.